Our Favourite Child-Friendly Recipes
- Mix 2 cups of water and 1 cup of glue in a big bowl.
Add a squirt of liquid water colour and then stir it up.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together 2 cups water and 4 tablespoons Borax.
- After it is completely dissolved, pour the Borax mixture, very slowly and a little at a time, into the glue and water mixture. Pour a little, mix a little, and so forth.
- Mix with your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon. As you mix, it will become a Flubber ball.
Note: You might not need to use ALL the Borax and water solution!
Store in an airtight container or ziploc for a few weeks. When it begins to flick apart or when it gets too hard, it is time to make a new batch.
Play with it, explore it, try to get it to blow a bubble with a straw! Watch it s-t-r-e-t-c-h as you hold it!
Removal of Flubber (it sometimes gets where it is not welcome)...
- To remove it from hair, use mayonnaise.
- To remove it from clothes, carpets, and other fabrics, use vinegar.