ForestKids Early Learning
Hello, I am Terri Kottwitz, Owner/Director of the ForestKids Early Learning Centre, a locally-owned, family-run and family-oriented childcare facility. ForestKids Early Learning (Hammonds Plains Children's Centre Inc.) has long been a social anchor in the Hammonds Plains community. We offer an open-door policy to our families, welcoming parents and other family members to play an active role in their childrens' day.
Our core staff have been with us for numerous years, and have watched their own children grow up inside these walls. Many of the families that call us home have had several generations pass through our welcoming doors!
With bright open spaces inside and our beautiful natural KinderForest, the children of ForestKids Early Learning thrive under the guidance of our qualified, friendly and loving staff. Programs designed for children ranging in age from 3 months to 12 years allow them to progress at their own developmental rate. We encourage experiencing science and nature, music and movement, literature and art, and so much more. Of course, we never forget perhaps the most important thing of all - to play and have fun!
ForestKids Early Learning Mission Statement
ForestKids Early Learning is a privately owned child care centre whose early childhood educators are committed to providing a nurturing, stimulating environment with high quality child care services for all families in the community. We provide excellent child care for children between ages 3 months and 12 years of age. We strive to provide both a developmentally and individually appropriate daily program in a natural setting.
ForestKids Early Learning PhilosophyThe operator and staff of ForestKids Early Learning will provide a safe, caring and inclusive environment where each child's physical and emotional needs are met. ForestKids Early Learning recognizes the value of play as children learn and develop trusting relationships with their peers.
Our early childhood education program aims to provide:
- best practices with respect to a carefully planned program that provides opportunities for children to explore, investigate and communicate with friends and care-givers.
- opportunities for children to build on their experiences and interests and to celebrate their individuality and cultural background
- a planned program which provides opportunities for children to develop physically, socially, emotionally, morally, spiritually, cognitively, creatively and musically
- a healthy environment in which each child's self-esteem is enhanced, play is encouraged and children are enabled to participate to their full potential in environments that are carefully planned to serve individual needs
- supports for the family through parent participation and on-going communication
- to acknowledge and incorporate resources available through the community
- a quality program based on best practices in an inclusive childcare environment